What could make the Manic better in ? How about a 10% weight savings? How about more strength and durability? We have accomplished this in our classic allround wave sail that excels in just about any condition. Super light in the hands, well balanced and neutral feeling on the wave; what you have here is a dream machine that works perfectly for down the line sailing or even flat water high wind sailing. The Manic will not disappoint.
• use of 2-Ply // in upper body for reduced weight, lower swing weight and better response
• more low end performance
• Radial Panel Layout 2G// improved layout for perfect locked in sail shape, smooth profile, twist control and durability
• 3D EVA mast protector // for maximum shock-absorbing and minimal weight
• 3D mast head protector // for maximum shock-absorbing and minimal weight
• 2 mast concept // Revised outline parameters on key sizes
• More torque // provides more power for multifin boards
• Low clew position // for better control in bottom turns and better leach twist
• Soft, elastic and alive character // for fast response and improved handling
Making the Manic better was no easy task. For we decided to make it lighter by using our new developed 2-ply. We put this material in the top half of the sail getting a double weight gain, once because of the lighter material, second due the lower swing weight of the top. Because it is lighter does not mean the durability has been compromised. All the light material is located in the inside of the sail, while the perimeter and all the critical parts of the sail are well reinforced. The 2-ply is also a little softer, so by finely tuning our radial panel layout to keep the distortion under control we got the sail softer and more powerful at the same time.
On the bigger sizes we played a bit with the outline to make the sails even more maneuverable and to fit in the 2 mast program. We also fine tuned even further the luffcurve to get the perfect balance. Now you can rig the whole range on 2 masts only, a 370 and 400
(on the 5,7 with a long extension).
The Manic is a great sail for all conditions and any windsurfer. When it comes to performance in big waves or chopping overpowered conditions, it is in a class by itself; a radical wave sail with neutral handling no matter what happens.