The Vapor is Gaastra’s full racing sail. It is a no compromise design that undergoes continuous development work throughout the year. As soon as the 2012 model was finished and put in production we continued designing new ideas and further evolving the concepts we started working on 2 years ago. At the time of the printing of this catalogue our 2012 model has proven to be very successful at the first PWA races of the year with a podium finish of Ross Williams in Korea. Our main goal is to combine speed and ease of use, with great acceleration, and for we want to further enhance both aspects. At this moment we are experimenting with different outline configurations, batten angles and clew positions. We are always tweaking the luff curve numbers and twist and leech tension patterns to find perfection. Prototypes are tested around the world during and in between race stops of our international team. The development will finish at the latest possible moment before the registration deadline of the PWA at the end of October.
As this catalogue is being printed the development of the new Vapor is going on with full power. Many aspects are fixed, but many other are still in the testing and development phase. The Vapor sails are the cleanest most advanced race sails built by Gaastra to date! We choose winning! If your goal is the same the new Vapor will take you there!
use of C-Film // for better durability and performance
• Radial Panel Layout 2G// improved layout for perfect and locked in sail shape, smooth profile, twist control and durability
• 3D EVA mast protector // for maximum shock-absorbing and minimal weight
• 3D mast head protector // for maximum shock-absorbing and minimal weight
• dropped clew -// shorter boom, improved lower twist
• SAS (Shock Absorbing System) // with K105 material allows the rig to flex under high loads at high speeds
• neoprene closure of boom cutout // for advanced aerodynamic
• Professional Race Sail // no compromise competition equipment
The Vapor sails are the cleanest most advanced race sails built by Gaastra to date!
We choose winning! If your goal is the same the new Vapor will take you there!