The 2010 version of the AC-1 is a complete new development from the earlier models. A redefined new compact design. Resulting in easily measurable improvements in both high wind control and power in light wind conditions. The wide top of the sail body is maintaining a consistent load on the mast which gives more constant low-end force and improved downwind performance. Benefitting from the UV stabile materials its been possible to reduce the overall weight of the sail and still uphold the Point-7 longevity...
1. New Cams for no compromise rotation when attackling the next mark.
2. New Inner reinforcement pattern for lighter weight and better view.
3. Lower ‘wider & deeper’ mast sleeve profile for more stability and downwind drive.
4. New bigger brass roller pulley.
5. Minimal design for lighter weight.
6. Wider lower leach for more drive and power in light wind. (Shorter boom length).
7. More open middle leach for higher speeds and comfort on downwind slalom & speed courses.
8. New lighter black anti uv monofilm for better handling in gybes.
9. New batten tensioner held by spectra ropes.
10. New head outline. Wider to achieve better downwind and light wind performance.
11. Shorter mast: Possibility to use 2 size masts thanks to the new outline.
12. Less luff curve for easier light wind pumping, light wind performance, comfort in hard chop. Less downhaul tension needed.
13. New sizes. New Outline.