The Simmer Flywave PRODUCT INFO. The Flywave boards are designed to excel in the best breaks and never limit the rider regardless of how heavy the wave is or how hard the rider charges. The number one priority with the design is to maximize mobility without any compromises in looseness, precision or control. The efficiency of the Flywave boards also means you don’t have to oversize them to get good performance in lighter winds.
The Flywave boards come with Mission front fins and Blacktip rear fins for ultimate control and looseness. The can be tuned towards a drivier feel and even better mobility with the Icon rear fins or towards a snappier and less fin driven feel with the Mission rear fins. A full Blacktip setup with big fins up front is another option for the ultimate combination of looseness and carving top turns
The Simmer Flywave KEY FEATURES
- High rocker design but with curvature flow optimized for
- Narrow smooth outlines for control at high speed.
- Softer rails from mid point and forward for a nice forgiving ride.
- Deep single concaves with flow designed to increase rocker close to the rail.
- Double concaves inside the single, with apex close to rail for increased grip.
- Shape optimized to work with a wide variety of quad fin styles and setups – awesome tuneability and adaptability.
The Simmer Flywave RIDER COMMENT
" Flywave Quad is the board of choice for side-shore oriented groundswell breaks. Exceptional mobility, both ultra-sharp and drawn out turns are possible. Flywave’s forgiving stability provide riders of all levels to attack any section from any angle with ease and confidence. Flywave Quad is the answer to lowering board volume without sacrificing mobility, providing a serious performance upgrade so you can focus on letting your board do the work while you enjoy the ride. "
- Kai “Flykatcher” Katchadourian US-33
The Simmer Flywave CONSTRUCTION
Our production methods focus on quality and consistency, rather than trying to make as many boards as possible. This produces a much higher quality product, resulting in a more accurate and consistent shape once the board is removed from the mold. With no need to refinish or cover up any imperfections, we can stay focused on each board’s structural integrity throughout the production process. Therefore, Simmer Style boards are by definition semi-custom. Our process, along with the innovative Carbon X principle, produces a board that feels more custom made than production when it hits the water.
The Carbon X construction applies similar principals as freestyle snowboarding where the rider uses the flex and twist of the board to gain speed to maneuver. The concept is to use the strength and stiffness of the carbon where it’s needed the most. This provides some major performance advancements such as that the Carbon X construction:
1. absorbs the energy caused by impact which increases the durability and longevity of the board.
2. generates more flex in the bottom turn which promotes drive and creates a livelier feel.