The Halo carries on the original Simmer legacy, to build sails which can handle the heaviest conditions in the world. This is what defines Simmer. The Halo has its roots in classic Simmer designs wave sail designs such as the Wavecomp, Reef, X-Flex and Mission X but we have taken what we have learnt from the Blacktip and translated that knowledge into the traditional sideshore wave sail. The objective with the Halo is to give the rider confidence to go for anything anywhere knowing that the sail can handle it and enable him/her the fingertip handle to maneuver on the wave. We have spared no expenses on the materials with all x-ply paneling and the super bullet proof PVC window. The Halo is designed with a five batten panel layout from 5.6 to 4.7 and a four batten batten layout from 4.5 to 3.7, this gives you the lightweight handling and manuevrability and maximum in larger as well as smaller sail sizes. The Halo sums up more than 30 years of sailmaking experience.
- Designed for down the line wave sailing, and also suits the lighter riders.
- Lower eyelet for more new school feel.
- A maneuver oriented wave sail with a direct and responsive feel.
- Superb ability to de-power in the critical moment of a maneuver.
- A light “sailing weight” and extremely forgiving.
- Bullet-proof all X-Ply construction.
- Highest technology in materials, manufacture and construction.
“ The Halo is the strongest sail on the Simmer line, you can be sure to ride it as hard as you can even on the biggest wave conditions, and come out without a scratch. The lighter feel combined with a more compact outline gives this sail a super maneuverable character, and above all makes it super forgiving in the critical moment. I wouldn’t trust any other sail on a big day at Jaws. “ - Francisco Porcella I-69